Red onion is one among the variety of onions with a dark red exterior. The color of Red Onion is a result of the presence of anthocyanin, so it is generally a rich purple. Red Onion is used in various cuisines to add sweetness, color, and flavor to a dish. Red Onions have been used to treat various illnesses and have been used as a part of your daily diet for a long time now. Red Onions have been used to treat various illnesses and have been used as a part of your daily diet for a long time now. Red onion is one of the most commonly used ingredients as per recent research. It is mainly used as a vegetable in cooking and also as a pickle. Red onion is considered very good for health. not only that but it’s also considered a good beauty solution for the skin. it’s a very good source of various nutrients and vitamins that are good for the skin.
- Red onion is popular as a food item in most countries as it is used in the preparation of salads, marinades, chutneys, and relishes.
- The reddish color of the onion comes from its antioxidants and other compounds. Onions are very rich in antioxidants and compounds like flavonoids and quercetin are known to have anticancer effects.
- Red onion has a great flavor and aroma. It is also used in the preparation of soups and sauces.
Benefits of Red Onion:
- Red Onion eliminates the cancer risk as it has sulfur components that prevent the body from the risk of cancer.
- Red onion helps in improving insulin levels and thus controls diabetes.
- Red Onion is good in curing illness due to its antioxidants properties it can help to treat sore throats.
- Red onions are a great source of fibers and vitamins that helps to keep the digestive system healthy
- Red Onions are full of flavonoid compounds that help to lower the cholesterol level
- The presence of flavonoids in Red onions also helps in the treatment of arthritis.
How good Red onion is good for the export business?
India is among the largest onion-growing country in the world. There is a lot of demand for Indian Onion in foreign countries and India has exported fresh onion to the world. The government had offered a subsidy on the export of onion so that excess production of onion can be exported to different countries. The supplier and wholesale dealers can use the B2B portal fro create their international B2B marketplace.
There are some different varieties of onion in India that are exported Podisu onion, Red Onion, White Onion, Krishnapuram rose onion, Bangalore rose onion, etc.
There are 23 states of India which are exporting onion to other countries. Maharashtra, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Delhi, Bihar, and Jammu & Kashmir are the major exporting states. Maharashtra and Gujarat together account for 80% value of the onion export in India.
What countries are the major importers of Red Onion?
The countries that are the major importers of Red Onion from India are the USA, UK, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Germany, Canada, UAE, Turkey, Spain, and China.
India exports onions maximum to Malaysia as it is the main market for Indian onions. Malaysia is the biggest onion export partner to India. Malaysia exports 36% of its Onion from India.
Who are the top supplier and manufacturers in India?
Onion Export Business is one of the profitable business as the demand for onion is high in foreign countries and India export onions to many countries. With the use of the B2B trade marketplace, it becomes easier for exporters to find the importers and sell the onions across the globe.
Some of the top suppliers In India are:
- Jain Fram Fresh foods Pvt. Ltd: It is a leading manufacturer of onion, vegetable products, aseptic fruit purees, and frozen products of quality.
- Sarah EXIM: Sarah EXIM is one of the largest food and vegetable exporters in India. It is India’s first fully automated onion and potato packhouse. Sarah EXIM is the largest exporter who supplies across 40+nations in the world.
- Pride Fresh Produce: PrIde Fresh Produce is a Mumbai-based company that is the leading supplier In India for the Onion. It supplies onion to various countries and is one of the biggest exporters in India. Pride Fresh Produce use all the latest technology and innovations that supplies the best onion across the globe.
- Sanghar Exports: Sanghar Exports is the leading supplier which is based in Pune, India exports Onion to Asia, Europe, Africa, and Africa. Sanghar exports use innovative methods and advanced packaging that increase their demand and made them the biggest exporter in India.